


About a week ago my friend Kim and I made a list of things I have to do before I leave Provo. We put hiking Mount Timpanogos on the list but we thought that we weren't going to be able to fit it in. I got a call on Friday from the hospital saying that they didn't need me so at the last minute we planned our hike. We got our friend Elliot to come with us and we were off on our adventure. The hike took us 8 hours to complete. The last part of the hike was killer. All you do is hike up rocks and go up steep switch backs for an hour and forty-five mintues. When you get to the top you can either go back the way you came (which is miserable) or you can slide down the glacier! We brought gloves with us and we given trash bags by some other hikers and we slid down. At this time of year the glacier is kindof slushy so you don't slide to fast. I thanked Heavenly Father for the glacier so I didn't have to go down all the rocks again and it was really fun! I'm glad I was able to fit it in before I left Provo.Love,
Hillarie
3 comments:
SaWEEET Hil! To conquer the unconquerable is empowering! I loved climbing Timp. The wildflowers by the lake were so pretty. Did you see any mountain goats? What will be your next adventure? Can't wait to hear about it!
Love, Jules
Rock on Mountain Woman. When my friend and I went up we used to ride the billy goats. It made traversing the rock face so much easier. They stink though, and sometimes head in the wrong direction. Oh wait, that was a dream. I think we had to hike all the way like normal people.
Sorry we missed your call- guess you know we were riding the HYPERSONIC at King's Dominion, eh?
Post a Comment