




Hi family!
Last weekend I went up to Idaho to visit Derek to celebrate my 21st birthday! I drove up to Rexburg and then we met up with his family and rode up to Montana. Their cabin is really close to Yellowstone, I think about 13 miles. It's incredible up there. His grandparents built the cabin by themselves with their very own hands. Isn't it amazing? I'm seriously in awe of their cabin. The beams that hold the roof up are logs from the bottom of the Salt Lake. They're over 100 years old. Cool huh? It was Derek and I, his mom and her boyfriend Rex, and his grandparents. Just me and Derek's fam. I was a little scared about it at first, because I want them to like me since I might marry their son/grandson, but it ended up being completely fine. Except for the fact that his mom's boyfriend walked in on me in the bathroom, right after I had gotten out of the shower, and I was naked. He ran away with a deer in the head lights look in his eyes. It was soo embarressing, but funny at the same time. Derek and I laughed about it for 10 minutes straight. Derek's mom even made me a cake. Cute huh? For every birthday she makes a different kind of cake. She made Evlis Presley's favorite cake. It was super good. It was peanut butter, chocolate, and cream cheese flavored. Sounds interesting but it was really tastey. I thought that was a pretty cool tradition. Derek made me feel like a queen that weekened. He made me feel like the only person in the world that existed. He even gave me a diamond necklace. I never had any real diamonds. I was so excited. I wear it all the time and only take it off to shower. Oh and you probably noticed in these pictures from Yellowstone that I have blonde hair now. It kind of happened by accident, but I like it. Derek like's it too. Always fun to change it up a bit. ANyways, I love you all!
Love,
Ash
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a wonderful time...truly bonding, especially with Rex!!! You look so beautiful and happy in your pics. I see the "smitten as a kitten" look in your eyes. What a special ring...engagement or is it really for your birthday? Are you trickin us!? I love YOU!!!
Hey guys. Nope we're not engaged yet. I don't know when we'll get engaged, but we love each other so it will happen when it's the right time! It could happen in a month or it could happen in 6 months..who knows!
Post a Comment