



For school I was assigned to volunteer with St. Louis wheel chair rugby team. For three weeks Danica, Josh, and I would go over to North County Tech high school to help with their practices. As soon as we got to practice, we would help the team members bring their rugby chairs and practice gear inside. Then we help those that need it, get in their chairs, taped up and ready to practice. This past Saturday, there was a wheel chair rugby tournament here in St. Louis. I brought along Mom, Dad and Ashley to watch their last game of the day. I have grown to love working with these guys. To be eligible to play they have to be quadriplegics. I feel that I have so much to learn from each player. The girl with me in the picture is one of my teachers and my advisor at school. Her name is Keri. Keri was born with a disease that has caused her to be in a wheel chair. The guy in the picture is named Kevin. Kevin was in a motorcycle accident 12 years ago. Both Kevin and Keri do triathlons. I hope to train with them in the spring. Kevin trains in Babler Park, right by our house.
2 comments:
What an awesome experience! Your career does so much good and you are able to truly not only build up others but build up your self in the process.
That was really cool Hill. I was watching a little bit of wheelchair rugby on the news earlier this week. I wonder if it was the game that ya'll went to.
Post a Comment