Christley Fam
Hi Everybody,
We decided to 'play'. We haven't written in a while, (and quite honestly, I haven't looked at this blog as much as the old website, for which I still have a nostalgic fondness in my heart). Anyway, a number of cool things have gone on in the past little while, most of which you all know about -- maybe we'll flesh out some of the details.
Lisa IS pregnant; she's due in mid-May. There's only one baby in there (much to my suprise and a little disappointment, but much to Lisa's joy and relief). We're hoping for a boy (pray for us -- pray for Lisa in particular, she really wants a boy because she knows how bad I want a boy and she feels I may bug her to try again if we get a girl, but she really doesn't want to get pregnant again). This pregnancy is being tougher on her than the last one. She feels nauseous everyday. She is exhausted. And she says she feels fat, swollen and bloated (of course, she doesn't look 'fat', but her boobs have grown a cup size or two, but who's complaining about that (Jase says 'YAY!!'))
Lisa and I went to Mexico again (this time just us -- no Chels, nobody else.) Same place in PV as before. We had a great time the first day I was there (Lisa did go before me and stay after me, to get a little extra rest -- but it didn't end up that way). As usual, we loved the place we stayed, we had some great food, the water was warm, the hospitality was great, and we had some great 'together time'. The first day was fantastic.
However, the second day was much less fantastic. We woke up and Lisa felt a little morning sick, but we had booked a cheap snorkling boat ride and tour, so we went. The weather was great,but the boat was crappy. Lisa got motion sickness to go along with her morning sickness. If that had been the worst of it, maybe the day wouldn't have been a total loss. However, we hadn't brought along much extra money (where they nickle-and-dimed us for everything); the food was lousy, they didn't provide fins for snorkeling; the water was dark and dirty for snorkeling, and the beaches we went to were impoverished and (worst of all, especially for Lisa) COVERED with STRAY DOGS. Lisa spent most of the afternoon crying as she picked dozens of engorged ticks off of beach mutts. One dog in particular broke her heart -- it was an ugly female mutt that was very pregnant. OF COURSE, Lisa wanted to help the dog. After some planning and research, we went back to that beach 2 days later to look for and possibly rescue that dog. Luckily, it turned out that the ugly mutt had an owner (although as bad off as it was, who would have guessed). However, while searching for that dog, we found another dog (who was homeless and ownerless) that had just given birth to 10 puppies (within a day or two). As you might have surmised, we helped these dogs. Long story short (too late), Mamita and 2 of her pups are here at our home.
The pups are gorgeous and sweet, and Mamita is good with people, but protective of her pups and a little agressive with our dogs. We plan on taking care of them all until the pups are weaned (8-12 weeks) and then finding them homes (maybe we'll keep one, I don't know). Anybody want a dog?? Cindy, how 'bout you? Shel, Sandro, you've given us lamer animals in the past, how about a cute dog to add to your family?
Lisa really had a lousy time after our visit to that beach (I still made the best of it, but what else is new?).
Let's see, what else? Hmm. Well, Lisa's business is still going well. Chelsea started 1st grade and is doing well. She's reading to us now (pretty dang cool, I've got to admit). She has lost 3 teeth in the past little while (she just lost her first silver tooth today). My work is still boring, but I have moments of great interest. I had another mission reunion last week (before conference) -- it was the other half of my mission -- Austria Vienna East. I saw a couple of good friends and it was a joy to be there (as usual).
Other stuff: we're beginning to think of Christmas. It has been decided that everybody is coming to our home, right? What are your plans and timeframes? Who is going to be here when? Who needs rides from/to the airport? What are everybody's plans?
Lisa has an idea and an opportunity -- she has ordered some gift certificates to go snowmobiling on TRADE (she can still send them back if people aren't interested). But we want everyone to look at the webpage that I'll paste a link to and see if it's something you're interested in. Not everybody has to do it, but we need to know ASAP who is interested. The place (Red Pine Tours) provides the snowmobiles, the snowsuits, helmets, a tour guide, etc -- we just have to show up. Take a peek at the website and let us know what you think. One caveat, the kids probably can't come, so we'd get a baby sitter. Lisa wanted to call each of you, but I recommended the blog post, so make us proud and get back with some answers ASAP so we don't have to call you all this week.
Here's the website link:
http://www.redpinetours.com/winter.htm
Anybody have any other requests or ideas for Christmas? Let's start thinking about it, because it isn't that far off.
That's pretty much it for now. I want to post some pictures, but I'm not sure I know how to on this blog (Dave, give me some pointers).
Loves, hugs, kisses,
Jase
5 comments:
Jason and Lisa,
I think snow mobiling would be a blast! I would love to do it!!!
Hillarie
We are down with that!!! Yehaaaa!
YEAH!!!!! I'm so excited to go! I'm totally in. Can Derek come too??
Whahooo! I LOVE snowmobiling! I haven't bin fer ni near a decade. Used to go in scouts and a bit in college...It would be a dream to relive. Yabasnowmobile!
Lisa and Jase,
I will join the group and go for sure! I respect that my sidekick would rather play with his son during our adventures, and yes I'll look forward to that warm cup of hot chocolate he'll have waiting for me. You can count me in! Thanks for the invite!
Post a Comment