



Our Labor Day was one of adventure, my most favorite day of exploring DC by far! We parked our car at Roosevelt island (across the Potomac from DC) @ 10:00am and biked in! I love to bike, to bike in DC...we were truly soaking up the moment...truly living DC style! As we were biking I thought it would be fun to do a photo safari of our journey on the Mall. A first for us was to see the Whitehouse up close, it was always too far away before, but not with bikes! No sore feet! (That's why I dread going to the Mall is all the walking. Now that I've biked it I don't want to walk the Mall again.)
After our excursion to the Whitehouse we biked over to the front door of the Natural History Museum and locked up our bikes, and explored for a couple of hours. Our favorite exhibit at the N.H. Museum was the Insect Exhibit. Live centipededs, tarantulas, stick bugs, giant grasshoppers...Sandro you would've been in heaven! So cool. To close our photo safari we had to bike to the Capitol building...too bad it was Isaac's nap time. He was tuckered out, poor guy! Needless to say our day was full, and we came home exhausted at 3:00 pm. Fun times.
4 comments:
Hi I am Angie...really julie pretending to be angie!
Love Angie
Hi I am Angie...really julie pretending to be angie!
Love Angie
I've always wanted to bike around DC. Especially along the river. Glad the rain stayed away.
BTW where'd you get that seat for Issac?
Great pic. of you Dave with the bike and the Washington Monument. I can't wait until you move here!! I love that Isaac feel asleep on the bike ride! What a fun day. We will have to go on a photo safari here in St. Louis!
Post a Comment