Yesterday I had my first flag football game with Wash U intramurals. When I play football I get a little too intense and run and dive to get peoples flags. After I dove to get someones flags, I came up and the tip of my left ring finger was slanted. (This happened at the beginning of the game) We got some tape, taped my finger up and I played the rest of the game as quarterback. For some reason, it didn't hurt really bad at all. By the end of the game I had a broken finger, the quarterback of the other team elbowed me in the forehead, and I had bruises on my knees and arms. I loved it!!! Afterwards my friend Danica and her Mom took me to the emergency room. We found out that I had an oblique fracture that goes through the joint. This means that it will affect the rotation of my finger and it will be crooked unless I get a pin in it. I am blessed to have great insurance through Wash U. They will take care of me! I laughed when I realized it wad my left ring finger that I broke. I will definitely have to have surgery!! I think this happened becuase for years Ashley was been bitter towards me for breaking her left ring finger when we were kids by hitting her with a baby doll. ha ha
Sunday, September 24, 2006
I HAVE A CROOKED LEFT RING FINGER!
Yesterday I had my first flag football game with Wash U intramurals. When I play football I get a little too intense and run and dive to get peoples flags. After I dove to get someones flags, I came up and the tip of my left ring finger was slanted. (This happened at the beginning of the game) We got some tape, taped my finger up and I played the rest of the game as quarterback. For some reason, it didn't hurt really bad at all. By the end of the game I had a broken finger, the quarterback of the other team elbowed me in the forehead, and I had bruises on my knees and arms. I loved it!!! Afterwards my friend Danica and her Mom took me to the emergency room. We found out that I had an oblique fracture that goes through the joint. This means that it will affect the rotation of my finger and it will be crooked unless I get a pin in it. I am blessed to have great insurance through Wash U. They will take care of me! I laughed when I realized it wad my left ring finger that I broke. I will definitely have to have surgery!! I think this happened becuase for years Ashley was been bitter towards me for breaking her left ring finger when we were kids by hitting her with a baby doll. ha ha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hil...so hilarious. As Dave said Karma coming back to you! Remember when Grandma Crowley would tell us to be careful what we said about others because it would come back to haunt us some day. Maybe it is true for what we do to others too! Ha Ha
karma? who's that?! come on, what tv show?
probably the greatest picture ever. thought you were giving us all the finger! hope it gets better soon so you can go out and break something else!
i think a few years ago i got smacked really hard in the nose with a ball, but never got it fixed, now the air path for one nostril is all messed up and i have a whistle sometimes -- imagine what it'll be like when i'm a grandpa...or to be bev!
Post a Comment