
Tonight Stephen Covey was in St. Louis! It was fascinating to see this famous person standing at the podium in the Frontenac Chapel talking about the 7 habits of highly effective families. As you would expect, he is an excellent speaker and kept us entertained and interested the entire hour and a half. He said every family needs a mission statement and he challenged every family to write one. What would the Christley family's mission statement be? Let's write one when we're together at Christmas.
The Covey's grandson is serving as a missionary in our ward and is one of the missionaries that is teaching Michael Cummins at the moment. Michael walked up with me and took my picture with Bro. Covey. He had met Michael just before the meeting began. Both Bro. and Sis. Covey choaked up when they expressed their joy at seeing their grandson, Elder Covey. Michael is looking forward to going up to Nauvoo with the Coveys but said he'd feel more comfortable if Daddy and I could go, too. We'll see what develops.
3 comments:
Mama Linda, that is so cool you were able to attend Stephen Covey's speech. I admire the man, and am so happy for you. I'm also a little jealous, just because I would have loved to be there with you. Julie and I have been reading that book, and we have adopted a large part of it to our lives.
Jules and I would love to help the Christley family create a mission statement at Christmas.
Love, David
Mom,
That is so awesome! Are you and Dad going to go to Nauvoo with THE Coveys? What a experience that would be. Dave & I have been pondering what our mission statement would be. It takes time to go through the process. There are some worksheets in his book, maybe we could copy them and send them to the fam to work on, so when we get together at Christmas will be ready to create our statement instead of just brainstorming about one. I am so glad you got a pic with him, way to seize the moment MOM.
Love, Jules
How fun for you to meet Stephen Covey! I think you should go to Nauvoo. It would be a great experience to spend some time with the Covey's and Michael. I think it would be an unforgetable weekend! LOVE YA!
Hillarie
Post a Comment