
Just thought I'd share what serious biness I bin up to wich-y-all. Today I found myself standing by the microwave in our little kitchenette at work, waiting for my lunch to reheat, as I do every day. I almost always have something to keep me occupied as our decrepid (sp) microwave does its thing.
Today I broke a personal record, one that may not stand for long because...now, I've caught the FEVA!
The seconds wound down tick-tok-tick-tok. I decided to see how long I could hold my breath. Now I will have to preface this with the fact that I know I can't compare to what Ken and Dan used to do with their buds (ask em' about their friend that passed out in Sacrament Meeting because he held his breath too long), but as for me it was big-time.
One minute passed, one minute thirty, forty, fifty...two minutes! A little bit more, and I gasp at 2:06, a new personal best by 11 seconds! Anyway, I'm stoked that I did that without practicing regularly. But for some reason, I do hold my breath to amuse myself off and on.
So, I began thinking, if I did that without any real preparation, I can do 2:30 with just a bit, and if I can do that...3 minutes is not too far away. So, that is my goal. I want to be able to hold my breath for 3 minutes. And that will be pretty sa-weeet. There's my boasting for the day. I try to boast often, just so people don't let on how humble I really am so I don't get picked on so much. Laters, Dave
No comments:
Post a Comment