Monday, May 26, 2008

Wonder Boys

Wonder Boys
Ryan's World: May 8th Ryan weighed 15 1/2 lbs, 26 1/2 inches long. A week ago Ryan rolled over from his back to his stomach for the first time. Now he is constantly on the move...wiggling, wanting to roll over all the time, he's a movin and a groovin soon he'll be sitting up! Saturday we had him sit in the high chair for the first time. Ryan laughs and smiles so easily now. We believe the verdict is in: Ryan definitely has brown eyes. With his dark eyes, hair, and olive skin he's a Shelton for sure.

Isaac's World: On May 8th Isaac weighed in at 33 lbs, and 39 inches tall. Isaac is so sweet with Ryan. He loves to give him kisses and is very protective of his "baby brother". He still loves dinosaurs, but is now into cars again.

Latest Isaac-isms...
"What are you talking about?" He loves to know what is going on in our adult conversations, especially if I am talking with lots of drama.
"Come on Grams" "Where's Hil?" "Let's play Ash" (I love the nicknames he's creating)
"Mom, be Julie. Be Julie" (code for me to pull my hair up in a pony tail. I think he doesn't like my hair in his face.)

The other night I had put Isaac to bed. Our rule, once he's in bed, he stays in bed. For the past month Isaac has been requesting to sleep with the door open (I read right around 3 years of age children develop their fear of the dark. Almost immediately after he turned 3 he wanted a night light and to sleep with the door open and the bathroom light on).

I had come upstairs to get something and he said,"Mom, come in and say "hi". So I came into the room. He was sitting on his bed and he looked at me and said,"Wave your hands. Say "hi!" Melted my heart.

One night we were getting ready to watch our favorite show LOST and Hillarie was out in the hall, Isaac was in his room. Next thing she sees is a little head peeking around the corner (Isaac knew he would get in trouble if he got off of his bed so he was standing in his clothes basket next to the bed) "psst... Hi Hil" Adorable.

I love my Wonder Boys!

1 comment:

Ash said...

Jules!

I love this post. It brought back all the cute things that Isaac did while I was home and made me miss being there so badly. I sure love you guys and cherished every moment with each and every one of you. Especially the boys. I love your children.