Sunday, May 04, 2008

Spring Flingin'

On Saturday, Julie, Isaac, Hillarie and her beau (Justin) went to Creve Coure Park to play disc golf, toss the football, and fly kites. When we arrived at the park, it was swarming with professionals in a serious tournament (180 participants). Did you know people actually get paid to play disc golf? I wonder who 'the Tiger' is.

So, while we were waiting for them to finish, we found an insane asylum or troubled youth facility that had a large, open grassy area. We flew my stunt kite in 20 mph wind on top of a hill- it was awesome. I love flying my 2 line kite because I imagine I'm flying a plane. I want to get a larger power kite that will really pull me. I love to feel the power of the wind!

Probably my favorite part of the insane asylum was rolling down the hill with Isaac- he really got a kick out of that. It was great fun- except for the fact that I was rolling over dandelion seeds, and breathing them in.

When we returned to the 18 hole course, we found out it is HUGE! The average hole is 600 feet long! When we were in DC, our favorite course ranged between 160-280 feet. Even professionals really get worn out on this one. So we talked to one of the pros, and he told us of several great courses in the area that won't discourage our puny arms.

Isaac was excited to be pushed in our new Quattro Tour double stroller Julie has been coveting since Ryan was born. He loves being pushed around in that thing, and telling us where he wants to go next.

It was a fun day, and we got to spend it together because Hillarie, Justin and I were going on an underground canoe trip that was canceled because the water level was too high to enter the cave. Better luck next season!

No comments: