Sunday, May 18, 2008

Midwest Adventures

I was a bridesmaid and learned more of the Lutheran faith along the way. I also flew out our cats so that when we transfer out east we won’t have to travel very far in the car with them. So my Mother-In-Law is enjoying the company of Calvin and Hobbes. The wedding was crazy and being with the Bohnhoff’s was great.

After the wedding my inlaws drove me to St. Louis to meet up with David. I got to meet my nephews and really got to know them and create great memories with the Shelton & Christley family. They were a blast to be with and I felt right at home. Isaac and I shared a lot of time together talking about Dinosaures, playing with a big box and snuggling. Ryan looks a lot like Greg, it was incredible how happy he always was. Julie was as sweet as she always is. She has inspired me to do much better in my own life as a wife and future mother. Being with David brought back great memories from the past. It was as if we picked up where we left off.

Dave & Jules took me out giving me the opportunity to taste the flavor of St. Louis. Before hand my impression of the city was dumpy and the atmosphere was ghetto, but I had only seen the south east side by the airport. David lives on the west side, very beautiful and lushish.

We drove to the Arch (Gateway to the West) and along the way we stopped to see the Mississippi River flooding the streets down by the riverside casinos. We then drove up and barely missed the last tour for Busch Stadium–Land of the Cardinals. We visited Union Station and if you ever get to go there you should check out the whispering arch. That was pretty cool.

My last day with the Shelton family we did Karaoke Revolution. Loved it! Hillary and I rocked out to Country songs and then David and I spun it up with modern songs. We all piled into the car and experienced Northern St. Louis by eating at Crown Candy. It is a restaurant that has been in business since 1913. David asked this contractor he knew to give us a tour of the neighborhood they are reconstructing. It was fun to wear hard hats and stand among the grounds of once was. It was like we stepped onto a movie ghost town set.

I encourage you to go and visit St. Louis, David and Jules will give you a trip to remember! Love you guys!! -Rachael

No comments: