Monday, February 26, 2007

U.S. Capital: the D.C. Finale

Our last real outing together in D.C. was to visit the U.S. Capital on the east side of the 'Mall'. I was told we would be attending a 30 minute tour. 2 1/2 hours later, I'm running to the metro...running late!

I forgot to take my pocket knife out of my pocket before I left, but since I didn't, I was recommended to leave it at Senator Bennet's office. His lackeys were surprised I made it through security. Evidently, there was no need to leave it at the Senator's office because we only went through security one more time, and guess what...There was no metal detector. The security officer simply asked me if I was carrying a pocket knife. What kind of security is that? Hmmm.

At 2 1/2 hours, the tour was much more extensive than I had imagined. At the end, I decided it was one of my favorite tours, of many, we have gone on. The architecture was intricate, inspiring, beautiful- and made me realize that once these men and women make it to the capital...they are flat out PAMPERED! Spoiled with lavish cultural artistry and architectural representations of what is considered, 'the temple of the United States'. That's right, the U.S. capital is considered the temple of the United States. It makes sense too.

Take a look at some of our photos in Picasa (just click on the photo above) to see for yourself.

No comments: