Last week...It all started so innocently...I began weeding the flower beds in my parents front yard. We have had so much rain and heat that our flower beds looked like an overgrown jungle. I borrowed the trimmer from our neighbors and went to town, hacking and trimming away. This past year I have taken care of the flower beds, weeding frequently---and I am tired of it! So I devised a plan...
I went to Walmart and bought Weed-X fabric, some perenials, Vinca flowers, and bark. From what started as a little maintance turned into a huge undertaking. I have been literally braking my back for the past 5 days digging, laying down tarp, spreading mulch, etc. We installed Weed-x to all flower beds, 2 stone paths, and mulched all flower beds, and we even created a new bed on the north side of the house where our old window well used to be. Yesterday the project was finally completed! I could barely walk, I was so sore. Mom sent me to massage envy...I felt like a new woman afterwards.
Many thanks to Mom, & Hil for watching the boys during this project from time to time, and thanks to Dave for helping lay Weed-x down, and plant. I loved working by his side. My boys, were champs. Playing outside while I worked, Ryan even would nap outside in his swing. We played on the lawn, and enjoyed the beautiful weather we have been having. Perfect summer days. I am glad it is done. I love you Mom and Dad. Thank you for all you do for us!
1 comment:
Your Aunt Carole would be oh so proud.
Looks good!
Post a Comment