Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A Snow Day

Winter Album 2008 2/3/08 12:08 PM
Ryan
At 5:42 am the phone rang...All schools had been canceled! When I awoke later this morning I looked out the window, expecting to see a land covered in white. Nothing. The storm was on its way. By 9:45 am the storm had begun with a few flurries falling from the sky ( I was on my way to my piano lessons). An hour later, when I came out of piano, my car was covered in at least 2 inches of snow! By 5:30 pm...we had over 9 inches of snow! It was crazy!

I love having snow days with Mom and Hillarie. These are special days, days to treasure. Isaac was thrilled to see that snow and couldn't wait to get out and play. So, while Dave, Isaac, and I were out in the snow--Mom and Hillarie made peppermint brownies. Isaac loves the snow, so much so he had Hillarie give him a few of his dinosaurs to have a snowy adventure in the back yard.

To end our evening we all were in the mood to watch a movie. We ordered "No Reservations" on Pay Per View. I'd seen it, but Mom and Hil hadn't. A fun, feel good, romance. Highly recommend it. Mom, Isaac, Hil, and Ryan enjoyed snuggling on Mom's bed while we watched the film ( I was folding laundry). Isaac said to Mom "Want to relax?" and had Mom put her head on his shoulder, he then- with his arm around her- began rubbing her ear. He told her he was keeping her "warm". During the movie I had fun pointing out all the details--the food they were eating, Zoe's stuffed animals, them riding a bike, the characters dancing. He watched the whole movie with us.

Isaac is such an amazing boy. He is so special-adorable. He is fully cognitive and aware of what is going on around him, and everyone in the room. He understands so much, and is listening to everything we say. He is so thoughtful, for ex: when he asks for a piece of gum he wants to make sure no one is left out and asks for pieces for everyone in the house. When he wants a snack he'll ask if I want some too, and says, "Shall we eat together?" He loves to find items, could be a toy of his or today he found a bag of chocolate chips in the pantry and says," Here Mom, I've got a surprise for you!" He loves to give gifts.

Isaac loves Ryan. He especially loves to caress his ears and beep his nose when Ryan is sleeping (which is frustrating for me!) He thinks it is so funny when we make Ryan talk, I take my index finger and move Ryan's chin, and then in a high pitched voice I pretend to be Ryan and move his chin to whatever I think Ryan would like to say. Isaac always gets a big smile on his face, and he now will talk in a high pitched voice and tell us what Ryan's thinking too (like he is Ryan). Yesterday he got out of the tub and pretended he was Ryan. He wanted to be swaddled in the towel and be talked to like a baby. **The other day we went to a birthday party for Evan, Isaac's friend. Evan has a baby brother named Asher. Asher is almost a year old. Isaac was so excited for Ryan to have a friend. He thought it perfect that the two babies could be friends. "Look Mama, Ryan has a friend. They are brothers." SO CUTE!

2 comments:

Ash said...

Oh my gosh, Isaac is seriously one of the cutest kids on the planet. Wow. I just want to squeeze him when I hear all of his cute little sayings and actions. I can't wait to be home and with my two favorite Shelton boys!

Benitez Bunch said...

Thanks for sharing about all the adorable things Isaac is doing! He is such a tenderheart and it's fun to hear about how he is growing up! I just want to jump through the computer screen and give him a squeeze. I wish Deven and Isaac could share more of life together!

Love, Michelle