Sunday, March 09, 2008

Ryan is 2 months old!

On Thursday, went in for Ryan's 2 month checkup. He weighed in at 13 lbs. 3 oz. 24.5 inches long! Tried a new Pediatrician, Dr. Cheng. He was amazing. So warm and friendly, I felt like he really cared about getting to know us, and to answer all of my questions.

The other Pediatrician we went to was cold, and all business. He'd come into the room-take a look at Ryan-looks good-and then walk out. Dr. Cheng told me how during well checkups he likes to schedule at least a half hour of time with his patients to make sure he can answer all the questions of the parents, and to give advice for developmental milestones coming up(for ex. in May we will discuss potty training at Isaac's checkup). He also had this booklet he gave me, he told me to bring it each time that I come. In it they recorded Ryan's weight, height, shots given, and he recorded any advice he gave me so I wouldn't have to try to remember it all. Amazing!

Also during the appointment he was really cute with Isaac, talking to him, and he even blew up a rubber glove for him to play with. I'm so happy I had the courage to change doctors. Yeah!
Ryan

1 comment:

Benitez Bunch said...

Jules,
How liberating and wonderful that you found Dr. Cheng! I wish I could take my children to him too... he sounds absolutely wonderful!!!
Ryan is such a beautiful boy with those dark eyes and hair! He melts my heart! I can't wait to meet him someday!

Love, Michelle