Last Saturday was dedicated to the Cub Scouts. I am the Committee Chair for Pack 834 of New Horizons district, and we like to have fun. Instead of holding a traditional pack meeting this month, we planned an activity day at Camp Beaumont.
During the morning hours, we adventured in the woods. We skipped rocks in the stream, searched for geo rocks, hiked around the 'mountainside', climbed on large wooden play structures, and ran through an obstacle course and maze. I did everything the boys did, with the exception of running through or falling into the chilly water.
On the way out, one of the leaders mentioned there was a rifle range next to the camp. So, we talked about skeet shooting, checked out the range, and I finally solidified my desire to have my own shotgun.
In D.C., I went skeet shooting with the Varsity squad to help them earn the Rifle and Shotgun merit badge. It was a 'blast'! And I found out I had a knack for shooting down moving targets.
Growing up, my dad regularly took me out target shooting with his .22 rifle, pistol, and once in a while the 30'6, shotgun, and maybe something else. I loved it, and I spent a lot of my free time in the back yard poppin' the bb and pellet gun.
So, now a shotgun is on my wish list of things I want to get in the next few years. Along with it is a set of kayaks for Julie and myself, a canoe that the kids can hop in also, and even a small sailboat. To be fair, I'll let you know when I get the shotgun.
No comments:
Post a Comment