Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Future Ashley Terry







John-Charles and I have had whirlwind romance. We met at the MOA June 5, 2008 and had our first date June 6, 2008 (shoe shopping for John-Charles because it was pay-day haha). We've pretty much been together everyday since. I knew that I wanted to marry him pretty quickly and he apparently knew by the third night after we met. Little things have happened everyday to reaffirm that we are supposed to get married! Not like you need signs or anything but I swear that Heavenly Father has been showing both of us that we are supposed to marry each other. He is my sweetheart, my best friend, and all I could ever hope for.

The Proposal:

It has been my dream ever since I heard the Coldplay song "Green Eyes" to have my future husband sing it to me. I had briefly mentioned it once way back when we first started dating to John-Charles. Tonight, we were watching a movie and his friend Doug called and asked us to go up to the canyon to hang out with him and the girl he's dating. I really didn't feel like leaving and I wanted to watch the movie but john-Charles was like "Ash, lets go. We can watch the movie when we get back." So I obstinately was like "Okay, lets go." So we get in the ca, drive up the canyon, and we were looking for Doug and Jana and all the sudden I see Doug and he's driving away from us. We pull into this secluded spot and John-Charles plugs in this cord into his power outlet in his mom's suburban that we drove up to the canyon. Then he grabbed my hand and we started walking up this trail. Out of nowhere this little picnic table and a keyboard. He pulls out sheet music for "Green Eyes" and we sit down and he starts playing/singing it for me. He was SOOOO nervous his hands were shaking and he was giggling and it was just adorable. So he plays the song for me, we kiss, tell each other how much we love each other, and he pulls the ring and says, "behind every great man, there is a great woman...Ash you are that great woman. I want to marry you and spend the rest of eternity with you. Will you marry me?" I screamed "YES!" and wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. We were both so giddy and excited. He literally made my dreams come true.


YAY FOR ME AND JOHN-CHARLES! DECEMBER 20th 2008 at 2:20 pm in the Salt Lake Temple!

LOVE YOU ALL!!

The Future Ashley Renae Terry

8 comments:

Carly A said...

First I have to say that I have refreshed this page about 20 times, checked my email, facebook, and then came back to this page and you finally had posted. What happened to 5 minutes... it was the longest 5 minutes of internet surfing.

Ashley your ring is beautiful! It reminds me of my mom's (but hers is gold), just like your skin reminds me of her. Haha. GIrl, you know I love you. I am glad that I have finally seen a picture of my new brother-to-be. It is about time. Tell him he is in for the ride of his life. Michael is his new bff. He doesn't know that yet but he doesn't have much of a choice. I am excited for you! YAY!

Carly A said...

Oh and your new initials spell art. You met at the moa and you initials spell what you sale... Coincidence... I think NOT!

Ash said...

hahahaha I LOVE YOU Car. I'm sorry it took so long to get those up. I'm so excited for Mike and John-Charles to be bffs...they both don't really have a choice but they'll be happy we forced them into brotherhood. :)

Girl, ART and the MOA...definitely not coincidence....FATE. :) haha

LOVE YOU!

Beverly said...

Congrats Ashley! no kidding whirlwind. you guys are a cute couple. What a wonderful proposal too! did you have any idea? and he did a very nice job picking out your ring. have fun planning your wedding!
Love,
The Changs

Unknown said...

Congrats to Ashley! That is so exciting. I too love "Green Eyes." Very romantic.
Can't wait to meet him.

sam and brittney said...

Ash!!
i heard from jason and emily that you were engaged and am soo happy for you!!! your ring is beautiful! did he pick it out himself? i need more details about your new future hubby. does he go to byu? what is his major? you two look like an adorable couple! congrats!!

Ash said...

Bev, Amanda, and Britt!Thanks for your cute comments. Green eyes is an amazing song! I'm glad you like it to Amanda! John-Charles did pick out the ring himself. I love it. He did such an amazing job. He goes to BYU...we actually met at the MOA. haha. He's microbiology major and pre-med. ahh i'm so lucky! love him.

Anonymous said...

Ash Can't believe my "surrogate" daughter is getting married!

Seriously, we are so happy for you!

Loe, Peg