As is our tradition, one of the things we get to do during our Birthweek Celebration is choose an activity. I have been aching to 'dance the night away', and that is what we did Saturday. We went to Glen Echo Park, and hit the Spanish Ballroom floor with a bit of rust. But after just a couple of songs, we began remembering more advanced steps. It didn't hurt that we were in the presence of some absolutely stunning dancers. We watched a dance competition, and a couple of impromptu dance circles that made the night even more inspiring and exhilarating.
To tell you the truth, there were a couple times I got teary-eyed. One reason was because I treasured this magical experience, and second because I felt regret for not continuing one of my passions since we moved to D.C.
That night is one I will long remember, and it was my favorite special birthweek activity yet since starting the week-long celebration.
1 comment:
Happy belated-Birthday Dave! I tried calling on Sunday, but I never got a hold of you guys. I dream of dancing like that, and I'm so jealous that you and Jules know how! I want to learn!
Post a Comment